Videos predominate in today’s digital world, as seen by the growth of social media behemoths like YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, and Instagram. Everyone with a cameraphone makes Video Editing Software for their friends or followers, including companies, celebrities, and influencers. Depending on the audience you’re attempting to reach, visual materials like videos can take many different forms. But there is one critical component that every content maker must have: video editing software. Video Editing Software is becoming simpler, faster, and more readily available to the general public. It was formerly an elusive art form, with sophisticated equipment only available to industry specialists. As a result, there are several premia and free solutions available if you’re looking for a video editor. However, using free video editing software might be hit or miss.
15 Best Video Editing Software for 2022
Some merely provide minimal functionality, certain is too buggy or clumsy, while others may even offer an experience that is superior to some paid competitors. Thankfully, we’ve done all the research and assembled a list of the Best Video Editing Software options on the market right now. Therefore, there is a free video editing software on our list that is suitable for you, whether you’re a newbie looking to try things out before investing in pricy software or you want to use studio-quality tools and effects without paying for expensive programs like Premiere Pro. Keep reading to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each free video editing software option for you.
Quik, an application for editing video while on the go, is made by the same company that makes the GoPro action camera. Just record your video, edit it, and publish it. Quik makes things simple by automatically editing clips and creating transitions, combing through your material to discover the greatest moments. If you want more control over the process, you can also manually edit your video.
- The possibility of adding photos
- The possibility of producing time-lapse sequences
- access to more than 100 free songs.
- It automatically synchronizes music and videos.
- With the use of artificial intelligence (AI), editing
- several different text fonts and emojis.
#2. Adobe Premiere Rush
Adobe Premiere Rush, a Video Editing Software, has two modes. A completely automatic mode on your smartphone or tablet quickly edits and converts videos so you can upload them. You may spend more time customizing a mode by including unique overlay patterns and sound effects. A built-in music library is included in Adobe Premiere Rush, so you may add a soundtrack.
- Drag and drop video and image files.
- Exposure, illumination, and sound levels can be altered.
- Auto-mix music volume while speaking
- Other Adobe products can sync with the Adobe Creative Cloud.
With its user-friendly design, Splice makes editing easier for those who are just starting out. As the name implies, you may use this application to combine clips to make a seamless video with editable transitions. The soundtrack may be easily added thanks to the built-in song collection. Splice also gets good reviews on the Apple Store, indicating that customers think it’s worthwhile.
- Video trimming and cropping
- Additional effects, such as animation
- title and transitional style selection.
- A resource for free music and sound
- Match the rhythm of your audio to your video.
InShot is a convenient all-in-one solution if you’re looking for a straightforward video editor for Instagram Stories. You can quickly apply effects, modify the tempo of your video, and cut your pieces. Another function that not all editing programs offer is the ability to rotate video. This app has a lot of positive reviews on Google Play and is a favorite.
- Sound effects, background music, and narration
- Overlays of text and emojis
- Video Editing Software effects
- Sharing videos is simple.
- Background noise
If you’re ready to upgrade to professional capabilities, KineMaster is a video-editing tool that is more feature-rich than some of the competition. For the most accurate results, you can alter frames per second using this tool. To change the color, brightness, and video speed, dial-in. Additionally, you may add up to 10 layers to your video, including handwriting and animation effects. Although this tool has the most capabilities available, its user-friendly design makes it simple to use.
- more adaptability than other video-editing programs.
- both sound effects and music.
- ability to share and backup data to safeguard projects.
- Green-screen assistance
- Options for instant preview
Apple customers who are new to video production and editing can think about beginning with iMovie, which has a simple drag-and-drop user interface. Record a voiceover, add music, and quickly edit video clips. Most iOS devices already have iMovie installed, so you can get started right away.
- 4K resolution for movie-like clarity
- Filters and effects for video
- Audio, titles, voiceovers, and pictures
- Templates inspired by TV and movies
- The capabilities of a green screen
WeVideo delivers all the fundamental editing features plus a lot more for video makers who seek more editing options. Clips may be edited, filters applied, and music, text, transitions, and video effects may be added. The program also provides premium subscriptions with cutting-edge features, such as a music library with songs that have been granted commercial licenses and up to 4K quality.
- Edit on any linked device
- user-friendly interface
- The plan includes 1 GB of free cloud storage.
- Modalities of editing
PicPlayPost is a simple-to-use tool that enables you to make automatic slideshows and collages if you want to make videos from images. You may add a voiceover or a soundtrack once you’ve combined up to 365 images, videos, and GIFs. Additionally, you may include personalized backdrops, customized logos, and watermarks.
- audio MP4
- Adaptable video output
- Instagram Stories’ frame ratio
- Changing the video speed
- Shifts between split-screens
- Videos on how-tos to get you started
#9. Vimeo Create
If you want a free online video editor, check out Vimeo Create, which uses artificial intelligence to create beautiful videos from your current product photos and text. Vimeo Create will automatically edit and produce your video when you answer a few questions about your product, add your footage and logo, and select the style options. It also offers recommendations for typefaces, colors, themes, and music (though you can also choose your own). More than 200 million people use the popular video software program called Vimeo. The program further establishes a direct connection with your Shopify business, enabling you to distribute your videos to your storefront, social network accounts, and other marketing materials.
- More than 1,000 templates are available for selection.
- Your video may be branded with unique colours and logos.
- a solid understanding of auto-editing.
- Sharing videos across marketing channels is possible.
FilmoraGo is a complete tool that meets all of your fundamental requirements if you’re looking for a free video-editing app for Instagram Stories. Use your own music or songs from the system’s built-in library to add them. You may overlay themes, text, titles, and other components using FilmoraGo as well.
- The video clip may be easily cut or divided.
- Adjust the video’s rotation and cropping to the required ratio.
- To play in slow motion or time-lapse, increase the speed.
- Vocal or audio tracks may be added.
- No restrictions or watermark
#11. Movavi Clips
Movavi Clips is wonderful mobile software to start with if you’re new to Video Editing Software but still want to produce high-quality videos. Free video editor Movavi Clips makes the learning curve for the editing process look simple. Also, the free version gives you access to all the tools a beginner will need to start editing videos.
- interface that is clean and simple to use
- Overlay of a sticker and text
- You may set the aspect ratio of the video output and speed up and slow down any video.
The robust Video Editing Software LumaFusion provides you with cutting-edge features. It’s a one-time payment, and you receive everything you need to produce great videos. There is no “pro” version, subscriptions, or additional fees. There are a couple of add-ons for LumaFusion that you can buy, including connectivity with Frame.io and exporting video files from Final Cut Pro, but that’s all. The rest is also included.
- Editorial multitrack (up to six audio and video tracks)
- You may create custom transitions or utilize pre-made ones.
- Markers and notes can be added to your timeline.
- Keyframe panning, EQ, and audio levels
- Strong tools for color correction
- Green screen, luma, and chroma keys, blurring, styles, and colors are layer effects.
#13. Filmmaker Pro
If you produce a lot of videos, Filmmaker Pro’s free Video Editing Software is fantastic. It’s great for anyone who wants to be a TikTok or Instagram star and make new content every day because it lets you start and manage an unlimited number of projects.
- Allows for 4K video.
- able to manage an infinite number of projects.
- Auto save
- Picture-in-picture video, image, and GIF
- Library of sound effects
- motion monitoring
CyberLink has developed a Video Editing Software called ActionDirector specifically for making action videos. The ability to edit and filter 360-degree videos, as well as 4K uploads, makes it ideal for creating those incredible surfing and skydiving clips. Additionally, ActionDirector offers a tonne of excellent presets that may help you get the most out of your recorded videos, regardless of how shaky or dim they may be.
- 4K videos should be published.
- lens adjustment
- Stabilization of video
- Photo-editing software
- To make your own backdrop music, combine and add your own tunes.
- 360-degree video uploads
Storage might be a concern when editing videos on mobile devices. Therefore, choosing a video editor like Clipchamp that is made to work with cloud solutions will help you with a lot of issues. A decent free version of Clipchamp’s software is also available, and it offers functions like green screens and screen recordings. Even the free edition of Clipchamp allows you to produce videos of high quality.
- Colour harmony
- It utilises cloud storage.
- Multiple-layer Video Editing Software
- Green screens and screen recordings are supported in the free version.